Former 3LO / AWA Fequency Changing Building
Ashley St (Lyons St), Braybrook
The 3LO Transmitter started operating from this site in the early 1920's when Ashley St was known as Lyons St.
Radio stations would relay their programs between their stations for rebroadcast from these more powerful transmitters. In 1925 the power of the transmitter was 5kW and by 1961 it had been upgraded to 50KW
The frequency changing building is still standing but plans have been on board for a number of years for the redevelopment of the site. The concrete remains of the footings for the antenna stay wires are still located in the nearby golf course.