St. Alban the Martyr Church of England
Cnr East Esplanade & Alexina St, St. Albans
The St. Alban the Martyr Church was built in 1910. Prior to this services for the Church of England congregations were held in the school house before moving to the St. Albans Mechanics Institute in 1906
The church is named after St Alban the Martyr of England.
A vicarage was added beside the church in 1922. At one stage it was rented out but has since been sold off.
The original wooden weather-board building was destroyed by fire on the 22nd December 1966 and was replaced with the current brick building.
Ref: St. Albans The First Hundred Years 1887 - 1987
Ref: Joe Ribarow