St. Albans Uniting Church
(Former Presbyterian Church)
Cnr Elaine St & East Esplanade, St. Albans
The Presbyterian Church was built in 1912.
The first couple to be married in the church were Leslie Lennard King & Mavis Maude Anderson, both being the children of local farmers.
In 1926, the Presbyterian Church built a tennis court at the rear of the church for "morall-appropriate recreation". The Linton Tennis Club is named after Mrs Jane Linton, a resident of St. Albans and the club's secretary and captain. Her husband Robert was a trustee of land for the Presbyterian Church in Linton, Victoria.
Today the church has very strong congregations for Pacific Islands and Vietnamese community members.
Ref: St. Albans The First Hundred Years 1887 - 1987
Ref: St. Albans Pioneers, Settlers and Speculators from the 1960s, Joseph Ribarow November 2018