Sunshine Methodist Church
The first Methodist Church in Sunshine opened on the 10th March 1910 and was part of the Footscray Circuit.
In 1919, the church was excised from the Footscray Circuit and it became to be known as the Sunshine Methodist Church
In the mid 1950's, the existing wooden church & hall and tennis courts were relocated across the road on the present site of the Nelson Bros Funeral Parlour is while the current brick church was built. Both of these buildings were badly damaged by fire while located at this site.
The new brick church building opened on the 1st March 1959. The hall in Withers St opened on the 18th August 1968.
Over the years the Wayside Market, Wayside Opportunity Shop, Uniting Care Market, Wayside Snack Bar, Crossroad Coffee Shop and Devonshire House Tea Rooms have all operated on this site.
With the establishment of the Uniting Church Movement the Methodist Church was renamed to the Sunshine Uniting Church.
1919 Rev. Sherlock
1920 - 1921 Rev. F.E. Haynes
1922 - 1923 Rev. Cecil Hebert Poxton
1924 - 1924 Rev. R.H. Howie
1925 -1 926 Rev. Alfred Ernest Brownbill
1930 - 1932 Rev. Harry Alfred Dennis
1933 - 1935 Rev. George Rowse Godbehear
1936 - 1936 Rev. Arthur Ashley Lyons
1939 - 1940 Rev. Vivian Roy Bradbury
1941 - 1944 Rev. Horace Alfred Michell
1945 - 1949 Rev. Alfred Hugh Small
1950 - 1955 Rev. J.B. Longthorn
1955 - 1959 Rev. E.V. Saynor
1960 - 1965 Rev. John Paterson Thomas
1966 - 1976 Rev. John Essington Blacker
1976 - 1981 Rev. D. Pentecost
1981 - 1990 Rev. M. Hay
1991 - 1996 Rev. I. Papworth
1999 - 2003 Rev. D. Eland
2005 - Rev. G. Morris
Other minister in the Circuit / Parish were
Rev. J. Connan, Rev. C. Knox, Rev. S.L. Gorfine, Rev. K Bingham, Rev. P. Audemard, Rev. M. White, Re. R. Myers, Rev. Barry Brown, Joe Rankin, John Carter, Peter Cameron, Rev. Don Forrest, Chris Johnson & Rev. P. Te'o
Ref: Sunshine Uniting Church Centenary 1910 - 2010