Dawson St looking South towards Devonshire Rd, Sunshine
The brown brick building on the left is the former McEwans Hardware Store.
The blue building in the background replaced the former Sunshine Cabinet Works building.
Where the cars are on the left was a group of small houses. Two of them were owned by William Armour, the Sunshine tailor who has a shop in Hampshire Rd in the 1910's before building a new shop & residence in Dickson St.
The houses were brought by the Sunshine Council which they subsequently turned into a car park for the shopping centre. More recently a large muiti storey car park has been built at the rear of these blocks facing George St.