Old Calder Highway, Keilor
Gumm's Corner for a long time had provided a resting ground for the diggers on their way to the gold fields to the west.
It was recorded by that name by John Bateman on the 4th June 1835 as his party camped at Keilor. It was named after one his trusted ticket-of-leave convicts James Gumm.
It did not formally obtain it's official name until March 1979, some 144 years after Bateman explored the area.
Ref: Keilor Historical Society