H.V. McKay's Electrical Substation

H.V. McKays Power Generating House - Building(S&DHS Cat 77) C1915 Photo 01.jpg
H.V. McKays Power Generating House - Generators (S&DHS Cat 78) C1915 Photo 01.jpg

The Sunshine Harvester Works was powered by its on onsite stream driven generators. These generators were former submarines electrical generators.

From about 1911, the electricity generation plant also supplied the adjacent suburbs of Sunshine and parts of Braybrook with electricity.

Later the adjacent Victorian Railway Substation in Talmage Street and still later the State Electicity Commission (S.E.C.) supplied the factory. This enable the onsite power generators to be shut down and decommissioned.

 

The buildings then were used by the electrical maintenance department

Ref: Museum Victoria

Photos: S&DHS

H.V. McKays Power Generating House - Batteries (S&DHS Cat 79) C1915 Photo 01.jpg
H.V. McKays Power Generating House - Genreators (S&DHS Cat 76) C1915 Photo 01.jpg