Hume & Hovell Monuments
Thirty seven monuments have been installed to celebrate the Hume & Hovell 1824 expedition from Lake George, Yass, NSW to Port Phillip and their return.
They passed through the Sydenham, St. Albans & Deer Park districts in December 1824.
Two monuments have been installed near the locations they passed. On the 19th December 1824 and on their returned trip they camped somewhere near the Sydenham monument.
Deer Park - Corner of Ballarat Rd & Station Rd, Deer Park.
Sydenham, Keilor Plains Railway Station, East Esplanade.
Both monuments have been relocated due to road widening works. The Sydenham one has been moved twice from it's original position on the North - West corner of Taylors Rd & Sydenham Rd.