top of page
Local District Past Residents
John Darling's Flour Mill
Sydney Rd, Albion
The flour mill commenced operations on the 10th July 1922.
The flour mill suffered a large fire in 1925 and it took a number of years to rebuild prior to recommencing operations.
The mills was serviced by it's own private railway siding that connected in the Melbourne - Bendigo railway line which can still be seen in Talmage St beside the former Victorian Railway's substation.
In 1962 John Darling and Sons (Aust) Ltd was acquired by Allied Mills which was subsequently taken over by the Goodman Fielder Group in 1986.
The mill ceased operations in the early 1990's.
bottom of page