JR Parsons Reserve
Stanford St, Sunshine
Sunshine Park as what the reserve was originally called was the site of the former Wright & Edwards Railway Carriage Works. It is one of the oldest parks in Sunshine.
Later the park was renamed to the JR Parsons Reserve after the Horse-hair Manufacturer and Sunshine resident Cr. Robert Joseph "Joe" Parsons. He was the Shire of Braybrook President for two terms 1938-1939 & 1945-1946.
The site was originally the Wright & Edwards Railway Carriage Works.
The Sunshine Band Hall was located in the south - west corner of the site being it being destroyed in a fire.
The main oval has been named the "Keith Miller Oval" after the Australian cricketer Keith Miller who grew up as a child in nearby Benjamin St,
This ground has seen many sports being played at the ground including athletics, baseball, boxing gymnasium, cricket, football & tennis.
Current tenants include the Albion Football Club, Gran United Cricket Club & Sunshine Park Tennis Club. It is interesting to note the tennis club is the only club that retains the reserve's original name.