Keilor Iron Bridge
Old Calder Highway, Keilor
This cast iron bridge built in 1868 replaced an older 1853 timber bridge that had been washed away. Prior to this punts and poor quality wooden bridges had been used to cross the Saltwater River.
The bridge provided an permanent structure for the traffic to and from Western Victoria.
Nearby Gumm's Corner (bottom) for a long time had provided a resting ground for the diggers on their way to the gold fields to the west.