Ardeer Station (1929 - 1956)
Forrest St on the west side of Fitzgerald Rd, Ardeer
Ardeer Station (1929 – 1956)
Location: Forrest St west side of Fitzgerald Rd, Ardeer.
Distance from Spencer Street Station (Southern Cross Station): – 15.90km (9.88 miles).
2nd April 1929 – The Ardeer Station opens principally for the use of the employees at the explosives works of Nobel's Pty Ltd. There was no official ceremony.
1934 – The station was renamed to Ardeer Siding.
1956 – The station is closed and the passenger platforms are removed.
The location of the new Ardeer Station is further to the east.
Ref: Sunshine Advocate