Keilor Road Railway Station (1859 - 1887)

Keilor - Melton Rd, Sydenham

Keilor Road Station (1859 – 1887)

 

Location: Keilor – Melton Rd, Sydenham.

Distance from Spencer Street Station (Southern Cross Station): – 23.966km (14.88 miles).

 

Key Dates:

1859 – Station opens at Keilor Rd.

1887 – A Telegraph office is opened at the station. The station is renamed to Sydenham.

See Sydenham Station for further details.

 

Station Masters:

1859 - John Stead.

1859 – Matthew Johnson.

1866 – Burton Grave.

1877 – Charles Nantes.

1879 – Harry James Juckers.

1884 – Henry Rockett.

See Sydenham Station for more station masters.

 

Ref: Fifteen Railway Stations of the West (Footscray to Sunbury) by Tom Rigg January 2009.

Photos: S&DHS.