St. Albans Railway Station (1959 - Current)
Main Rd West, St. Albans
St. Albans Station (1959 - Current)
Location: Main Rd West, St. Albans.
Distance from Spencer Street Station (Southern Cross Station): – 17.81km (11.06 miles).
1959 – The new St. Albans Station located south side of Main Rd West with a new island platform and station buildings opens. The suburban electric trains terminates at this station.
1977 - The local MLA Jack Ginifer calls a conference to discuss the abolition of the level crossing.
2002 - The electrification of the suburban electric line is extended to the new Watergardens Railway Station including the opening of the new Keilor Plains Station. The suburban electric trains terminates at the Watergardens Station.
2012 - The electrification of the suburban electric line is extended to Sunbury. The suburban electric trains terminates at Sunbury.
2016 – A new underground station is built as part of the Level Crossing Removal Project.
1954 – Harry Johnson.
1968 – Herbert Duncan “Duke” Carlton.
1971 – Thomas Alan Rigg.
1974 – Thomas White (Assisting).
1990 – Rodney Parsons.
Ref: Fifteen Railway Stations of the West (Footscray to Sunbury) by Tom Rigg January 2009.
Photos: City of Keilor Centenary Souvenir 1863 - 1963