Tottenham Railway Station (1891 - Current)
Sunshine Rd, Tottenham
Tottenham Station (1891 – Current)
Location: Sunshine Rd, West Footscray.
Distance from Spencer Street Station (Southern Cross Station): – 9.1km (5 ¾ miles).
1891 – The Tottenham Station opened for passage traffic.
1977 – Road traffic lights are installed at the Ashley St level crossing.
1981 – As part of a Rail – Road Grade separation project the station rebuilt as an island platform in an elevated position and the level crossing at Ashley St is removed.
1982 – Signal Box abolished.
2014 – As part of the Region Rail Project the station’s façade and Rupert St car park is upgraded. A new traction substation is built in Sunshine Rd at the eastern end of the station.
1940 – Albert George Brown (Yard).
1943 – Leslie Robert Dawson (Yard).
1958 – Albert Joseph Capper (Yard).
1960 - Alfred Henry (Yard).
1962 – John Loughlin (Yard).
Ref: Fifteen Railway Stations of the West (Footscray to Sunbury) by Tom Rigg January 2009.
Photos: Sunshine Advocate 3rd September 1975 Page 39