Local District Past Residents
White City Railway Station (1927 - 1981)
Sunshine Rd, Tottenham
White City Station (1927 – 1981)
Location: Sunshine Rd, Tottenham
Distance from Spencer Street Station (Southern Cross Station): – 9.65km (6 miles).
1927 – The White City Station opens and is used for the first dog racing meeting at the White City Dog Track.
1955 – The White City Dog Track was closed.
1959 - The Olympic Cables Company which was located opposite the station wanted it to be renamed as "Olympic". This request was refused.
1981 – The station was closed and the platform removed.
The station operated under “No one in charge” conditions.
Ref: Fifteen Railway Stations of the West (Footscray to Sunbury) by Tom Rigg January 2009.
Photos: Weston Langford Railway Photography
White City Railway Station in foreground and the White City Dog behind.
Photo: Weston Langford Railway Photography
The location of the former White City Railway Station. The existing rail tracks have been raised since the station was demolished.