Station Rd, Deer Park
The Shire started the negotiations of purchasing the 12 acres for 586 pounds off Mr Sassella in late 1925 for the purposes of a sports ground.
The Braybrook Shire President Cr. Ralph McKay formally opened the new Sassella Park Sports Ground on Saturday, December 1929. Mrs Caroline Harrison whom's husband Joseph who built the Hunt Club Hotel cut the ribbon.
An excellent sports program was put on including the two star attractions, a 100 yard foot race and a wood chop event. The Footscray Cycle Club put on a five mile road, starting and finishing at the Park's gates.
Several community buildings have been built on the site which now hosts the Deer Park Lions Club, Deer Park Girl Guilds, Brimbank Little Athletics Centre , Deer Park Scouts Group and a Playground. A hall is also provided for hire to the community.
The Deer Park Swimming Pool was built in the North - East corner of the park but it developed cracks and it was closed and has since been demolished.
In 1989, the City of Sunshine officially dedicated the Sassella Park Reserve and the facilities as a memorial in honour of all Australian War Dead.