Maidstone National School / Maidstone Common School No 394
The Maidstone National School opened in 1858.
The school operated from a rental building
Miss. Annie Young was the school's first teacher.
The school's average attendance was 21 girls and 11 boys.
In 1868, the school was renamed to the Maidstone Common School.
The school closed in 1871.
Ref: The Advocate 27th August 1975 Page 24 & 61