Sunshine High School
Ballarat Rd, Sunshine North
The Sunshine High School was established 1954.
The school's new buildings were not finished at the start of 1955, so the school's classes were held at various locations across the City of Sunshine. These locations included the Sunshine Technical School Gymnasium, the Band Hall, the Presbyterian Church Hall, the Baptist Church Hall and the Girl's Guides Hall. The school's first assembly was held in the Sunshine Town Hall.
The first classes to be held in the new school buildings were on the 4th May 1955.
By the mid 1980's, the State of Victoria was suffering a decline in enrollments across the whole school system. There was far too many buildings and not enough students. This issue forced the amalgamations and some closures of schools across the state.
In 1991 the school was amalgamated with the Tottenham Technical School, Sunshine Technical School, Ardeer High School, Sunshine West High School and Sunshine North Technical School. The school changed its name to Sunshine College. This campus is now closed, and the site is now the Victoria University (Sunshine Campus).
Ref: Seek Light - Sunshine High School 1955 - 1991