Local District Past Residents
South Sunshine Swimming & Athletic Club
In the 1920's there was the South Sunshine Swimming and Athletic Club. South Sunshine was known as "Tiny Town" and was located south of J. R. Parsons Reserve which of course is one of Western Athletics training grounds. This club may have never been affiliated with the Victorian Amateur Athletic Association and therefore Western Athletics is most probably not connected in any way with this club.
In 1929 this club gained permission from the Sunshine City Council to use the swimming hole known as "Little Hole" in the local Kororoit Creek at the end of Morris St Sunshine as a training swimming pool. The club secretary at that time was Mr. Ronald "Ron" James Duxson.
At this stage not much more is known about this club nor if was ever a member of the Victorian Amateur Athletics Association.