Sunshine Baseball Club
The Sunshine Baseball Club is one of Sunshine's oldest sporting clubs. The club was formed in 1938 and began playing behind the Sunshine Picture Theatre. The club played there until 1944.
Over the years the club has played it's home matches at various grounds including Gardens Reserve "Chaplin Reserve" (1944 - 1945), Sunshine Park "Parsons Reserve" (1945 - 1948), Selwyn Park (1948 - 1966) and finally to Barclay Reserve where it is still hosting it's home matches.
The club's first President from 1938 to 1962 was George Kirby, the owner and operator of the Sunshine Picture Theatre. George became the club's first life member in 1941.