Sunshine Baseball Club
The Sunshine Baseball Club was founded in 1938 and is the oldest sporting club in Sunshine.
George Kirby was President for 25 years and he had the only picture theatre in Sunshine from 1930 – 1980.
Between 1938 to 1944 the club played behind the Sunshine Picture Theatre before moving to Gardens Reserve (Now Chaplin Reserve) where the club played for one year. The club then moved to Sunshine Reserve (Now Parsons Reserve) and played there from 1945 to 1948.
From 1948 to 1966 the club played at Selwyn Park. During these moves the club rooms remained behind the theatre until finally in 1958 when new rooms were built at Selwyn Park. In 1966 the club moved to it's current home ground at Barclay Reserve.
Ref: Sunshine Baseball Club