Sunshine Railway Station
The first railway line to be built through the area as to Bendigo in 1858 - 1859 that serviced the Bendigo gold fields. Another line, built in 1882 - 1886 went to Bacchus Marsh and later Ballarat.
The joining of the two lines made "Braybrook Junction". A station opened in 1886 and a township developed but within ten years factories closed and families left.
When H.V. McKay moved the Sunshine Harvester Works from Ballarat to Braybrook Junction, the settlement was renamed Sunshine.
In 1908 the Station saw one Australia's worst train accidents where 44 people were killed. This incident is now referred to as the "Sunshine Train Disaster".