top of page
Local District Past Residents
Wright & Edwards Carriage Works
Wright & Edwards open in the 1880's and built railway wagons and carriages for the rapidly growing Victorian Railway system .
The 1891 financial recession saw the closure of the company. By 1898 it was in liquidation and the watchman was listed as Harry Young (Sands & McDougall 1898 Postal Directory).
The developers of the adjacent "Railway Station Residential Estate" named many of the surrounding streets after the chairman and directors of the company, Wright St, Standford St, Morris St, Chapman St, Couche St & Benjamin St.
The site has since became a sports reserve called Pasons Reserve with the main oval known as the Keith Millar Oval.
bottom of page